Thursday, April 2, 2015

Autism Awareness Day

So, as I've posted before, I'm raising a son who falls on the autism spectrum. It has taken me a year to embrace the diagnosis, but I think I'm finally there.  I created this graphic for my Facebook page and got a lot of likes and requests for custom graphics. I think it came out well.


Unfortunately, autism awareness will last the day and then everyone will forget. This message reminds people that while Autism Awareness Day is April 2nd, those of us with children on the spectrum live with it day in and day out. There's no shutting off the blue light. Melt downs, stimming, self-harm, staring into space, communication issues, and so much more are part of our daily lives.


All I can say is before you judge a child or parent, remember that everyone's fighting a battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment