Monday, August 20, 2012

Creative Weekend

I'm obviously having a bit too much fun with zentangle. Using a stencil style image to start off with and then creating tangles in the blank spaces is addictive. Here are the pictures I created this weekend.


I really like how the leaves came out on this one. I don't like to fill in leaves with tangle patterns because they get a little lost, so dots seem to work pretty well.

I lovelovelove bold, bright colors, so I was thinking that my tangles may be more dramatic with color added, so I created this one and used watercolor pencils to add color. Once I finished, I started to think that they are more striking as just black and white drawings. What do you think?
I love this cat and definitely want to do more in different positions.
Here's the last one of the day. I will definitely be making more with the face embedded in the tangle. I really like this look and there's so much you can do with it.

All of the pictures were drawn using Faber-Castell PITT artist pens in F, S, and B. The black and white pictures were drawn on mixed media paper and the colored in birds were done on watercolor paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment