Tuesday, April 30, 2013

CKC Manchester

Sometimes all it takes is a little nudge and off you go. That's exactly what the Creating Keepsakes Convention was for me. To be surrounded by tons of talent and have the time and space to be creative and my love for papercrafts and scrapbooking is fully recharged. I took 4 classes on Friday and participated in the celebration crop and I took one 2 hours class on Saturday followed by sit and crop for the rest of the day.

My favorite class on Friday was the "Adorable Envelope Album" class and I loved the "Creative Color Techniques 2" class on Saturday. The other classes were okay, but I don't feel like I learn anything when the entire class is based on a kit. I don't need to pay money to sit in a class and make a card or page based on a kit. Anyone can punch pieces out of a piece of paper and glue them down. I really wanted to learn a new technique or layout. Next year, I'll make sure not to take any kit classes. Next year, I will stay for the celebration crop on Saturday, too. I was so sad leaving at 5pm on Saturday. Then again, I did need to rescue Nana from my 2 year old.

Here is one of the pages I made during the celebration crop on Friday night. So fun!


I have to wait until the end of April 2014 to go back to CKC, but I did so much shopping while I was there, it should take me until then to use all the stuff I bought. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment